ZOMG these are good. Perfect blend of salty, sweet, and savory. Yum. These were brought to my family’s house on Christmas so unfortunately I didn’t get a picture when they came out of the oven. Let me assure you that they get nice and crispy and a little oozy with cheese. Perfect make-ahead appetizer, too.
Prosciutto Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Fontina and Sage
Makes 25 dates
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Phoo-d
Here’s what I used:
- 25 Medjool dates
- 25 whole fresh sage leaves
- 1 3-ounce piece Fontina cheese, cut into twenty matchstick sized strips
- 3/4 lb thinly sliced imported prosciutto
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Make a slice half-way through each date and remove the pit.
- Set up a little stuffing station with all of your ingredients.
- Stuff each date with a slice of cheese and a piece of sage.
- Fold a slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise. Roll the date up in the prosciutto, wrapping it tightly as you go.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until browned and crispy.
I made these a day ahead for Christmas Day. Keep refrigerated in a covered container if doing so. Enjoy!