This has been on the docket for a while now. Love the idea of a creamy pasta that is actually pretty darn healthy. This recipe relies on the magical greek yogurt for its creaminess. I used some nice thyme pesto that I made for another dish later in the week (recipe soon!), but a store-bought pesto would be perfect for this too. Yummers.
Creamy Pesto Pasta
Serves 2 with leftovers
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by A Witchy Kitchen
Here’s what I used:
- 1/2 lb of medium shells (I used a spinach/tomato pasta combo)
- 6 oz 0% plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 1-2 tbsp parmesan
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop the pasta, and but the other ingredients in a small saucepan over no heat. Once you’ve got about 3 minutes left on the pasta, heat the yogurt/pesto mixture over medium heat and whisk together to smooth and heat through.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the sauce. If it seems a little thick, you can splash in a little of the starchy cooking water from the pasta cookery to thin it out.
- Serve with a little extra parmesan, if desired.