Mixed Greens with Grilled Salmon, Avocado, Egg
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Fresh Tart
Here’s what I used:
for the dressing:
2 small garlic cloves, grated
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp minced fresh dill
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp capers, drained
1/2 tsp. salt
freshly ground black pepper
for the salad:
1 1/2 lb salmon
3 large eggs
1 lb baby potatoes, quartered
12 oz mixed greens (I used a baby spinach and spring mix combo)
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
2 large shallots, peeled & thinly sliced
1-2 avocados, pitted and sliced into slices
Here’s what I did:
- Fill a large pot of water with water. Add 2 tsp of salt, the eggs, and the quartered potatoes to the water and heat over high heat. Once it starts boiling, set the timer for 8 minutes, and turn the heat down to medium.
- Meanwhile whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- After 8 minutes, remove the eggs to a small bowl with cool water. Test the potatoes with a fork. They will most likely need a couple more minutes after the eggs are removed. Once fork tender, remove to a plate to cool a little bit.
- Preheat broiler. Brush the salmon with a tsp of oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil, skin-side down, on the rack closest to the heat source for 10-12 minutes until medium rare but crusty on the outside.
- Spread greens over a large platter. Lay the potatoes, tomatoes, shallots, and avocado over the greens. Peel and quarter the eggs and arrange over the greens, and then break apart the salmon into bite-size pieces and arrange over top. Spoon over the dressing and serve.