Buffalo Chicken Dip
Just the Tip / Inspired by Wicked Domestic
Here’s what I used:
- 12 oz chicken tenders (you could use 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken, too)
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese at room temp
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Frank’s red hot wing sauce (I didn’t measure, but probably about 1 cup)*
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar
- fritos scoops, celery, and sour cream for serving
- parsley for garnish (totally optional)
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Poach the chicken (cover the chicken in water in a medium sauce pan, bring up to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer, and poach for 10-12 minutes). Remove and shred.
- In a small sauce pan, heat ranch dressing and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Put all of the chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Pour on the cream cheese/ranch mixture.
- Pour some hot sauce on top until you don’t see any more white.
- Cover with cheese and pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, stir everything together with a fork, then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes and serve with the Scoops, celery sticks, and sour cream, if desired.
*I apparently used the “Hot” version of the Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce. I would not recommend this unless you really enjoy pain. We had to eat this with cold sour cream because it was that hot. Brian mastered the perfect fire extinguishing bite: “Rub” the back side of the Frito with sour cream, then scoop, gently, with the scoop side. So good.