Chicken Parm Pizza
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Eat Live Run
Here’s what I used:
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded 3/4″ thickness
- 2 cups whole wheat panko breadcrumbs, ground finely in a food processor
- 2 egg whites, beaten until lightly frothy
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large jar marinara sauce (I love Rinaldi To Be Healthy Tomato & Basil Marinara for its yumminess and low sugar content)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Break out your breading station. 3 shallow dishes, from left to right: one for the flour, one for egg whites, last one for the bread crumbs.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and cover them with saran wrap. Pound thin, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saute pan until it is shimmery and hot. In batches, brown the chicken on both sides, 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a baking sheet and cover with a layer of marinara, then the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Place a layer of pepperoni on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melty.