In order to amp up for my next Costco trip (I say this as if I don’t go to Costco like once a week…but I just love it!), I wanted to use a few things from my freezer this week. Flank steak is one of my favorite cuts of meat because it is tasty and can feed quite a few people for a pretty good price. I dig that, as a social worker on a limited income. This steak is flavorful and juicy, and when dipped into some guacamole as we did, is a hugely satisfying meal.
Marinated Flank Steak
Inspired by RayRay
Here’s what I used:
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tbsp montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp tobasco
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- guacamole, for serving
Here’s what I did:
- Mix garlic, steak seasoning, smoked paprika, cumin, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil. Place meat in shallow dish and coat it evenly in marinade. Let stand 15 minutes or longer.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Grill flank steak 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steak and let rest for 10 minutes loosely under foil. Thinly slice meat on an angle, cutting the meat against the grain.