Like, a) why don’t I eat seafood every single day?? It’s so good!
b) why don’t I cover everything with tomato-bacon butter???
I feel lost. Sigh.
Swordfish with Tomato-Bacon Butter
Serves 2 / Inspired by Cooking Light
Here’s what I used:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 2 (6-oz) swordfish steaks
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- lemon juice
Here’s what I did:
- Combine the water, truvia, and tbsp of salt in a large ziploc bag. Add the fish and let soak for 20 minutes at room temp. Drain and pat the fish dry.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and spray lightly with olive oil spray. Grill the fish for 5 minutes on the first side, and 2-3 minutes on the second. Leave the skin on while cooking to help keep it moist, but remove when serving.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon for about 5 minutes until almost crisp. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add paprika, and cook for 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, and cook for a few minutes before stirring in the butter. Once the butter is melted, remove from heat. Top each serving of fish with about 2 tbsp of the tomato mixture.