Ahem. By that, I mean thanks for hanging in there while I was on temporary leave these last couple of weeks. You see, I have indeed been cooking, but just not much that I’ve been overly enthusiastic about. Since I originally began this blog as a way to keep track of my recipes and what I liked, my one hard and fast rule is that I won’t post anything that I wouldn’t want to make again. So here we are.
But tonight, however, we prepared a fantastic meal, wholly inspired by Jenna over at Eat Live Run, which included this asparagus dish. Enjoy!
Roasted Asparagus with Fig Balsamic Reduction
Here’s what I used:
- asparagus, trimmed of woody ends
- olive oil
- fig-infused balsamic vinegar (I got this from Williams Sonoma)
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle on a little olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes, depending on the fatness of your asparagus (asparagi?).
- Meanwhile, pour a little (maybe 1/2 cup) of vinegar into a small sauce pan and bring up to a bubble. Let reduce while the asparagus roasts, mostly over medium/medium-low heat.
- When the asparagus is tender, pour the reduced balsamic over top