After realizing that I have 238 recipes saved (from blogs alone!) that I want to make, I decided it was time to start chipping away at the list. This endeavor started with breakfast this morning. These were super easy, pretty darn healthy (using egg beaters), and overall a great go-to breakfast. I look forward to grabbing a couple of these little guys on my way out the door to go to work this week.
by Just the Tip / Inspired by Dishing the Divine
Here’s what I used:
- 2 cups egg beaters (the equivalent to 8 eggs)
- 1/4 lb sausage
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil for sauteing
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large saute pan, saute your sausage (remove from the casings), breaking up into little bits, until lightly browned. Add the veggies, season with salt and pepper, and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg beaters with a splash of water. Season with salt and pepper and add to the sauteed mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and divide the egg mixture among the muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- Top each muffin with a little shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.