Pan-Seared Almond Oatmeal
Just the Tip / Inspired by Get Off Your Tush and Cook
Here’s what I used:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups steel-cut oats
- butter for searing
- toppings of your choice (I chose slivered almonds and real maple syrup)
Here’s what I did:
- Combine the water, almond milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir in oats. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon oatmeal into an 11 x 7″ baking dish coated with cooking spray and allow to cool to room temp. Cover and chill at least 1 hour (I did this a day ahead).
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!