Herb and Mustard Crusted Tenderloin
Just the Tip / Inspired by For the Love of Cooking
Here’s what I used:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko
- 1/4 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 1-lb pork tenderloin, trimmed (note: these usually come 2 to a package, so just look for a 2 lb package)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed (I whizzed them in my spice grinder, but a mortar and pestle would work, too)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 400 and coat a baking sheet with tin foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- On a long plate, combine the panko, parsley, parmesan, and thyme.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, fennel, and garlic.
- Pat the pork dry then season on all sides with salt and pepper. Rub the mustard mixture all over the pork loins, then roll each loin in the panko mixture until well coated.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until it reaches 155-160 degrees. Let the meat rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.