If you have not ever had fresh ricotta cheese, you have not lived. Seriously, hike down to your local Trader Joe’s and pick up a tub, or hell, make your own. Whatever you do, do it tonight! The stuff is amazing.
We served this dish as a little appetizer and was yum. This would also be really good with sliced eggplant, which I think I will try with the rest of that ricotta!
Roasted Zucchini with Fresh Ricotta and Mint
Just the Tip / Inspired by Plum Pie
Serves 2-3 as an app or a side dish
Here’s what I used:
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into thirds lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- a few tbsp fresh ricotta
- 4-5 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Lay the sliced zucchini in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, cumin seeds, ground cumin, fennel seed, and red pepper flakes.
- Roast in the oven for 20 or so minutes until tender, flipping over half-way through.
- Garnish with ricotta and mint and eat it!