I don’t like to pick favorites with my pasta, but this one is pretty special. I love egg noodles, and while this recipe calls for — nearly demands — fresh pasta, this egg pappardelle found at TJ’s is super close to fresh pasta. The combination of the salty prosciutto and sweet/tangy orange is amazing.
Pappardelle with Prosciutto and Orange
Just the Tip / Inspired by Bon Appetit
Serves 4 (um, or 2)
Here’s what I used:
- Kosher salt
- 8 oz egg pasta (preferably fresh)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into 1″ pieces
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
Here’s what I did:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once up to a boil, season liberally with salt and add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto; sauté until browned, about 3 minutes.
Garnish with remaining orange zest and a little parsley, if desired.