As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it. I’d like to say because it’s super kid friendly, but really I just love biscuits in any form. (Remember these?) Add eggs and veggie sausage and I’m sold. In terms of the pre-made tubes of biscuits — I like the Trader Joe’s for their respectable ingredient list (all real food).
This casserole is a little like a savory french toast, and it smells heavenly while baking. Enough to wake two sleeping teenagers from their Sunday morning coma, which says a lot.
Biscuit Souffle Breakfast Casserole
Just the Tip / Inspired by Cooking with My Kid
Here’s what I used:
- 1 tube buttermilk biscuits
- 4 whole eggs + 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tube of gimme lean vegetarian sausage, crumbled
- salt, pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray an 11×7 baking dish with cooking spray, and lay down the biscuits.
- Whisk the eggs, almond milk, and cheese together. Season with a little salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the biscuits, and crumble on bits of the sausage.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.