I can’t believe this is my first time making tabouleh. I have been eating this parsley salad since I was a kid, and I loooove it with sliced red onion and baba ganoush all smooshed together in a pita. SO GOOD. This recipe is easy and authentic — and A LOT cheaper than buying it pre-made in a tub!
Just the Tip / Gonna Want Seconds
Here’s what I used:
- 2 1/2 bunches curly leaf parsely
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of cinnamon
Here’s what I did:
- Wrap the parsley loosely in a paper towel and refrigerate overnight.
- In a medium bowl, cover the bulgur with boiling water and let sit for a few hours. Drain any excess water.
- Trim the parsley leaves from the stems and add the leaves to a food processor and whiz it up until it’s a fine chop.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients, and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a few hours, check for salt and pepper and re-season as necessary, and serve with pita, hummus, and baba. YUM!