My love for Costco is no secret and these muffins are a copycat version of the amazing, gigantic blueberry muffins that they make. When I was young, my mom used to buy these muffins and grill them in a little butter. OHMYGOD it is the best thing ever. The last time I was at Costco, I came dangerously close to purchasing some of these humungous babies — well, a dozen… it is Costco, after all — justifying because we had the kids that weekend. In the end, I decided it wasn’t fair to pass my addiction on to more innocent children, so I passed. When I ran across this copycat recipe, I couldn’t not try it. This time I’m justifying it because they’re much smaller than Costco’s and I had all of these organic blueberries to use up from my CSA box, which makes them health food. Right? 🙂
Sweet Blueberry Muffins
Just the Tip / Inspired by The Changeable Table
Here’s what I used:
- 1 Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries (mix with the flour)
Here’s what I did:
- Mix all ingredients, except blueberries.
- Gently fold in blueberries, careful not to overmix.
- Scoop batter ( 2/3 full) into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.