Chicken, Mushroom, and Roasted Corn Tostada
Just the Tip / Inspired by How To: Simplify
Here’s what I used:
- canola oil
- 3 6-inch corn tortillas (I used blue corn)
- Salt, pepper
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted corn (from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup shredded manchego cheese
- garnishes: greek yogurt, salsa, avocado, etc.
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. Lightly brush the tortillas on both sides with canola oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place on the cooling rack and bake for 5 minutes or until the tortillas are wavy and slightly browned. Careful not to over-crisp as they will cook more when melting the cheese.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, jalapeno, garlic, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes. Add the corn and chicken and heat through. Pour the left over oil into a sauce pan and heat.
- Top the tortillas with the mushroom and pepper mixture. Sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake for an additional minute or two to melt the cheese.
- Serve with greek yogurt and salsa if desired.