This dish comes straight out of my severe pizza addiction and my love of quiches. This is a fail-proof, easy quiche (thanks to a little help from Whole Foods in the crust department) that tastes very much like a pizza. Yum.
Pepperoni Pizza Quiche
Just the Tip / Inspired by Very Best Baking
Here’s what I used:
- 1 unbaked 9-inch frozen whole wheat pie shell, thawed
- 8 oz shredded cheese, divided (I used random cheese blends that I had on hand, but italian cheese blend would probably be best)
- 2 ozs thinly sliced turkey pepperoni, cut into halves, divided
- 12 oz fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp italian seasoning or herbes de provence
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese and half of pepperoni pieces onto bottom of pie shell.
- Whisk the evaporated milk, eggs, flour, italian seasoning and garlic powder in medium bowl until blended. Pour mixture into pie shell and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Decorate top with remaining pepperoni pieces and any other topping you like. Place quiche on baking sheet (if pie pan is made of aluminum foil).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.