This dish was inspired by a recipe I yanked out of Brian’s Men’s Health mag (i love this mag, too). It was written as a sandwich, but we decided to cut out the roll. I have to say, this was so good and so easy! It’s nice to not over-complicate dinner every once in a while. 🙂
Healthier Buffalo Chicken
Just the Tip / Inspired by Men’s Health
Here’s what I used:
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (I used gorgonzola)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 to 6 oz each)
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. While that’s heating, combine the blue cheese, greek yogurt, and lemon juice, plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and chili powder, and add them to the grill. Cook for 6-7 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and brush with the buffalo sauce and melted butter combination. Let rest under aluminum foil.
- While the chicken rests, grill the onions on both sides (4-5 minutes total).
- To serve, put the chicken atop a pile of arugula and dollop with the blue cheese mixture. Serve with the onions alongside.