This is a dish that has been on my list forever. I’m not sure why it has taken me so long to make it — I tend to always have the ingredients on hand, especially in the summer. When I got a bunch of yellow and green squash from my farm share this week, I knew I had to put it to good use in a tian. So pretty, and with the help of a mandoline slicer, super easy.
Here’s what I used:
- 3-4 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 3-4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 7-8 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp thyme, chopped
- salt, pepper
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or gruyere cheese
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cook the shallots over medium-low heat in a little olive oil until softened. Scatter the cooked shallots along the bottom of a 11×7 baking dish.
- Arrange the zucchini, tomato, and squash in a line along the perimeter of the baking dish. Sprinkle with a generous amount of kosher salt, black pepper, and the thyme. Drizzle with olive oil and bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle the cheese over the top, and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes.