Chocolate Chip Pistachio Bars
Just the Tip / Inspired by Une gamine dans la cuisine
Here’s what I used:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp of pure almond extract
- 2 cups of chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 13×9 baking pan with foil, leaving a little extra on the edge for easy removal. Spray the foil lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter together until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add the pudding mix and beat until blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well for 1 minute after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the almond extract.
- Add about 1/3 of the flour and beat on low speed until incorporated. Slowly add the remaining flour mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough into the pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until it is set on the top and a toothpick tested in the middle has just a few crumbs on it.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature before cutting into bars.