Juicy New York Strip steaks topped with blue cheese and crunchy, buttery french fried onions. If this is wrong, I don’t want to be right. Steak with Gorgonzola and French Fried Onions
Just the Tip / Inspired by Lauren’s Latest
Here’s what I used:
- 2 new york strip steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 3-4 tbsp crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup french fried onions
- 2 tsp butter
Here’s what I did:
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and allow to sit on the counter for 45 minutes or so.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and get it good and hot.
- Rub the steaks all over with the olive oil, then season well with salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder.
- Add the steaks to the pan and allow to sear and caramelize, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the steaks, add 1 tsp of butter to each steak and allow to melt for 1 minute. After 1 minute, top each steak with the gorgonzola, loosely tent the pan with foil to help the cheese to melt a bit, and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Remove the steaks to a plate, loosely cover with foil, and allow to rest for 8-10 minutes. Top with french fried onions and serve.