This soup is so delicious. The broth has a wonderful rich flavor, but overall the dish is very light and easy– using cooked chicken sausage and lots of veggies. I will definitely making this soup over and over again.
Tortellini sausage soup
Just the Tip / Inspired by Handle the Heat
Here’s what I used:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 links pre-cooked chicken sausage, casings removed and then sliced on an angle
- 1/2 onion, onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 15-oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried italian seasoning
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 9 oz fresh cheese tortellini
- grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots, season with a little salt, and saute for about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, zucchini, sausage, oregano, and italian seasoning and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the beef broth, wine, canned tomatoes with juices and bring up to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce to simmer and let cook for 30 minutes, covered. Add the tortellini and cook another 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and parsley sprinkled over top.