I am a big fan of roasted vegetables in general, and this is just a perfect combination to accompany pretty much any meal. We had this alongside roasted chicken a couple of nights ago, as a “hash” for breakfast today with some poached eggs, and am about to transform the rest of the leftovers into a yummy fall pizza. Versatile and super simple.
Roasted Fall Vegetables
Just the Tip / Inspired by Martha Stewart
Here’s what I used:
- 2 pounds (about 1 medium) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2″ pieces (or buy pre-peeled and cut up — waaaay easier)
- 2 pounds red new potatoes (12-14), quartered
- 1 pound medium red onions (2-3), peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots (6-8), halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tsp herbes de provence
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Divide vegetables between two baking sheets, toss with oil, herbes de provence, 2 tsp coarse salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, 40-50 minutes, tossing them halfway through.