Ok, it’s detox time. The holidays, while one of my favorite times of year, invites eating waaaaaay too much naughty food. This dish is a lovely detox dish after indulging at Thanksgiving. Couldn’t be easier and full of tons of flavor.
Roasted Shrimp with Mustard-Horseradish Sauce
Just the Tip / Inspired by Kalyn’s Kitchen
Here’s what I used:
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds jumbo raw shrimp (I used size 11-14 ct)
- 4 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp low-fat sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1-2 tbsp finely sliced scallion
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange the shrimp in one layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 6-9 minutes (this will vary depending on the size of your shrimp — the bigger they are, the longer they’ll need. be careful not to overcook or they’ll get rubbery).
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Whisk the mustard, horseradish, olive oil, sour cream, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the shrimp are cooked, toss in the sauce and sprinkle with the scallions. Serve!