Ever have a cheeseburger craving that just won’t quit? MAKE THIS SOUP. It tastes EXACTLY like a cheeseburger, but is much better for you. This recipe makes a ton, but it you freeze some leftovers, you can have a cheeseburger whenever you like. 🙂
Just the Tip / Inspired by A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Here’s what I used:
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp lipton onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp montreal grill seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium organic beef broth
- 1 15-oz can diced organic tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 10.75-oz can campbell’s cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- few drops of liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- grated cheddar cheese for garnish
Here’s what I did:
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Season with the grill seasoning and the lipton onion soup mix and stir until no longer pink. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining tbsp of olive oil to the pot and saute the onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the turkey back to the pot along with the beef broth, tomatoes, cheddar cheese soup, half and half, worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper, and liquid smoke.
- Bring up to a bubble and simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Whisk in the sour cream and serve with a little cheddar cheese on top.