This salad is DELICIOUS. I love how I feel after I eat a ton of dark leafy greens — like you just did something good for yourself. It doesn’t hurt when they’re tossed in a flavorful, creamy vinaigrette using greek yogurt, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, and grainy mustard, either. Oh, and toss it all with some teeny tiny potatoes and bacon. Eat your greens!
Kale and Potato Salad in a Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette
Just the Tip / Inspired by Five and Spice
Here’s what I used:
- 16 oz teeny tiny potatoes (from Trader Joe’s – or use fingerling
- 4 slices of nitrate free bacon, sliced into lardons
- 1 bunch of kale, removed from stems and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain 2% greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- salt and pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Add the potatoes to a medium pot and fill it to cover with water. Bring to a boil and let cook until fork tender (20 minutes or so).
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crispy in a large saute pan. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tbsp bacon fat and add the kale to the pan, reducing hte heat to medium-low. Allow to thoroughly wilt (about 10 minutes).
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain and add to a large bowl. Quarter the potatoes and pour 2 tbsp red wine vinegar over top. Loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, the maple syrup, greek yogurt, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Once the kale has fully wilted, add it to the bowl with the potatoes. Pour the vinaigrette over top, tossing to combine, and top with the bacon. Serve warm.