Gawd, I wish this wasn’t as tasty as it was! Since I’m apparently a huge food snob, the idea of this recipe was something totally eye-roll worthy. I mean, it comes from the Hellmann’s website. But tonight, I wanted something different to do with the chicken breasts I had defrosted and this recipe that I had seen on the blogosphere came to mind. I figured, what the heck. And the result? Seriously, the tastiest chicken I have had in a long while. Moist, rich tasting — and with the addition of the, gasp, onion soup mixture — SUPER flavorful. Try it when no one’s looking — it’s delicious. 🙂
Parmesan-Onion Crusted Chicken
Just the Tip / Inspired by Hellmann’s
What I used:
- 1/3 cup Hellmann’s mayo
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup lipton’s onion soup/dip mix
- salt, pepper to taste
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine the cheese and mayo in a bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and onion soup mix in another bowl.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish (lined with foil for easy clean-up). Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then spread each piece with the mayo mixture.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over top and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.