I apologize in advance to any family members I may offend with this post, but this is definitely my favorite meatball recipe. The combination of ground turkey (I always have some of this in my freezer) and ground pork makes a super tender and flavorful meatball. I browned these in some olive oil before dropping them in some gravy, all to be served with pasta. These meatballs are also delicious on their own or with your favorite tomato sauce.
My Favorite Meatballs
Just the Tip / Inspired by Martha Stewart
What I used:
- 1 large egg
- salt and black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (I would grate it with a microplane or box grater next time)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground dark-meat turkey
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
What I did:
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, 1/4 cup water, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir in the onion and the garlic, along with the breadcrumbs, parmesan, pork, turkey, and italian seasoning. Mix gently and form into 16 balls.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the meatballs on all sides.
- If you are making a gravy to serve with these, drop the meatballs into the gravy and cook gently through. Otherwise, finish cooking in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes.