Since my last post was a yummy weekend breakfast treat, I thought I’d share what I typically have for breakfast during the week. Well, sometimes I’ll definitely have an egg or two with some black beans or a slice of sprouted grain toast instead and save the protein shake for after a workout, but lately this has been my morning choice. Maybe because I’ve been hitting the gym more than usual lately, but my body definitely enjoys the protein blast. Anyway, this shake is really tasty (I promise) and definitely keeps me full for several hours. And I love squeezing some greens in at breakfast time :).
Vanilla Berry Protein Shake
Inspired by Jackie Warner
What I use:
- 1 serving vanilla zero-carb whey protein powder (2 scoops with the brand I use)
- 1 scoop BCAA & Glutamine powder
- 1 tbsp liquid l-carnitine
- 1 tbsp flax oil
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (I buy huge bags at costco)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- splash of water (1/2-3/4 cup)
What I do:
- Put it all in a blender and blend for a minute. Pour it into my blender bottle and head to work!