When I saw this recipe I immediately thought of my mom as she looooves popovers. Since my lovely mother is on an extended one-month vacation in Puerto Rico right now (jealous…), I decided to make these to hopefully make her a little jealous in return 🙂
(I’d rather be in puerto rico, but these popovers are addictively delicious)
Mini Brie and Dill Popovers
Just the Tip / Inspired by First look, then cook
What I used:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped brie (rind removed)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill (or 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill)
What I did:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Slowly whisk in the flour, then 1 tbsp of the melted (and slightly cooled) butter. Add the salt, pepper, brie, and dill, and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the batter to rest.
- Preheat oven to 425. Melt the remaining tbsp of butter and using a pastry brush, butter a mini-muffin tin (24-count). Add the muffin tin to the oven to heat until the butter sizzles (about 2 minutes).
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups (a little more than half full). Bake until puffed and golden-brown, 16-18 minutes. Serve immediately.