I am OBSESSED with this salad. Obsessed. To be fair, I love kale, but I’m convinced someone not familiar with kale would love this too. This is the first time I’ve ever tried kale raw, and now I would like to eat a gallon of this salad every day. Dressed simply with a lemon and garlic dressing, this salad is a perfect side dish for summer as it requires virtually zero cooking.
Massaged Lacinato Kale Salad
Serves 4 / 3 ww pts+
Inspired by Marin Mama Cooks
What I used:
- 1 head kale (I used organic lacinato kale), stripped from their ribs and cut into strips/ribbons
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 2-3 tbsp shredded parmigiano reggiano cheese
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
What I did:
- Grate the garlic and squeeze the lemon into a medium bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and a fat pinch of red pepper flakes. Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Add the sliced kale to a serving dish and pour the dressing over top. With your hands, massage the kale for a couple of minutes until slightly tenderized. Add in the parmesan cheese and serve!