I saw that Costco was carrying wild salmon so I picked up a huge slab of it on Sunday. I find it more and more difficult to find wild fish these days which is SUCH a bummer. The idea of farmed fish is so creepy to me.
This salmon is yummy and SO easy. It is glazed with a zippy pomegranate molasses and spicy mustard mixture and roasted in a very hot oven for about 10 minutes. The end. We served it with sauteed spinach (I seriously could eat a pound of sauteed spinach every day – so good) and my whole wheat couscous with caramelized shallots and walnuts.
Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
Just the Tip / Serves 4
What I used:
- 4 6-oz filets of salmon, skin on
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tsp worcestershire
- 2 cloves garlic, grated (or minced)
- salt, black pepper
What I did:
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Lay the salmon skin-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and brush half of the glaze on the salmon. Roast for 10-11 minutes until cooked through. Brush with the remaining glaze and serve.