I have an aunt who has successfully been on weight watchers for like 20 years. She has these old school recipe books that I can’t even reference on the internet (imagine??). She made a copy of this recipe for me a while back and I’m a big fan. The one part that I find wee bit hilarious is that while this recipe boasts about being 2 ww points (with the old points system), there is itty bitty fine print that says that doesn’t include the biscuit. Ummm, huh? Either way – make these next time you want a snack!
Broccoli Cheddar Cupcakes
Just the Tip / Inspired by Weight Watchers Meals in Minutes Cookbook
Makes 10 cupcakes / 5 ww pts+ (including all ingredients!)
What I used:
- 10 pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked and well-drained
- 5 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tbsp margarine, melted
What I did:
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit using your fingers so that they’re large enough to line the muffin cups.
- Mix the chopped broccoli, scallion, cheddar, margarine, and tomato in a medium bowl. Season with a nice pinch of salt and pepper and toss again.
- Spoon the mixture into the biscuit cups and bake for 10-12 minutes until the biscuits are golden and cooked through.