Easy Fiesta Beans
Recipe from Eating Well
What I used:
- 1 15-oz can fat-free refried beans
- 1 15-oz can reduced sodium pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup store-bought salsa
- 2/3 cup reduced fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 scallions, sliced
What I did:
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Combine refried beans, pinto beans, salsa and 1/3 cup cheese in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture is hot and the cheese is melted, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the bean mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup cheese and scallions. Broil until the cheese is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.