I’m a little obsessed with this dish. I’ve made it a handful of times over the summer for parties and it’s always a big hit. Besides the cheese, it’s a total pantry dish, too. But really, who doesn’t always have cheese? I know I always do. 🙂
Just the Tip / Recipe from Shutterbean
What I used:
- 12 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- a dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
What I did:
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add a few tablespoons of the artichoke marinade to a saute pan and heat over medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Chop up the artichokes, discarding the remaining marinade, and add them to the bowl along with the cheese, breadcrumbs, oregano and hot sauce. Once the onions and garlic have cooled, add that in as well and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool briefly. Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temp.