I haven’t been doing a lot of home cooking lately due to weekends away and weeknights traveling for work, so when I had a day off and a chance to feed my body something healthy and fresh, I immediately knew I wanted this for lunch. Simple broiled salmon, whole wheat couscous, and a citrusy salsa with rich avocado and piquant jalapeno.
Broiled Salmon with Grapefruit Avocado Salad
Just the Tip / Inspired by Williams Sonoma
What I used:
- 3/4 – 1 pound salmon
- chili powder, salt, pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into supremes/segments
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 avocado, cubed
- salt, pepper
- prepared whole wheat couscous, for serving
What I did:
- Preheat broiler. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the salmon, skin-side down, on the baking sheet. Brush with the olive oil, and season with a little chili powder, salt, and pepper. Broil for 9-11 minutes until it is medium rare and flakes apart easily.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa. In a small bowl, combine the grapefruit, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion. Right before serving, add the avocado, lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Done.