Bruschetta Chicken with Avocado and Balsamic Drizzle
Just the Tip / Recipe from Iowa Girl Eats
What I used:
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup jarred bruschetta sauce (trader joe’s)
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 4-6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- balsamic glaze or drizzle (trader joe’s)
What I did:
- Lay the chicken breasts on a plastic cutting board and cover loosely with plastic wrap. With a rolling pin or a meat mallet, flatten the chicken breasts so that they are the same evenness. Season on both sides well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add two of the chicken breasts to the pan and cook on both sides, without disturbing, for 5-6 minutes until golden brown and cooked through (I look for 160 degrees internal temperature and then allow a few minutes for resting afterward).
- Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat process until all the chicken is cooked.
- Add a couple tbsp of the bruschetta sauce on each chicken breast. Then add a layer of avocado. Top with slices of mozzarella and broil until melted, about 5 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.