Today marks my 7th consecutive day eating seafood and I LOVE IT. Tonight’s dinner, the end of the seafood streak, was probably my favorite. This will definitely be my a go-to for us – it was delicious! Sprinkle a little parmesan on some tilapia, broil it (my favorite fish cookery method), then top with some store-bought pesto and a little tomato salad dressed with lemon basil vinaigrette. Serve with some crusty bread and you have a simple 15 minute meal. Hallelujah.
Parmesan Tilapia with Pesto and Tomato Salad
Just the Tip / Inspired by Pinch of Yum
What I used:
- 3/4 – 1 lb tilapia
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (I like the bottled kind from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 1/2-2 cups chopped fresh tomato (I used grape tomatoes)
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 leaves basil, sliced thinly
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- salt, pepper
What I did:
- Preheat broiler with a rack about 6 inches away from the broiler.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and arrange the fish in one layer on the dish. Pat the fish dry and season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper (go easy on the salt since the parmesan is salty too). Drizzle about 1 tsp of olive oil over the fish and sprinkle the parmesan generously on top of the fish and broil for about 10 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato salad. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and basil together. Toss the tomatoes in the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange a piece or two of the fish (depending on size and appetite), spoon a little pesto on top of the fish and top with the tomato salad. Serve with crusty bread.