Just the Tip |Inspired by Martha Stewart
What I used:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups water or chicken broth
- 5 oz baby spinach (organic if possible)
- 1 1/2 cups marinated artichokes (I buy mine at Costco)
- zest of 1 small lemon
- salt and pepper
What I did:
- Heat butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Cook onion and garlic until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the quinoa and cook for 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add water or broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer for about 17-20 minutes until the water has absorbed.
- Add the spinach and the lemon zest and stir until the spinach has wilted a bit. Add the artichokes and season with salt and pepper.