This isn’t exactly a “recipe”, it’s really just cooking some eggs and assembly. This was my favorite breakfast over the summer when I had tomatoes coming out of my ears. These days, when tomatoes are mostly sad and flavorless, I make this whenever I can find some good looking ones. It’s quick, super flavorful, and pretty darn healthy.
Eggs with Pesto, Tomato, and Avocado
What I used:
- 1 medium/large ripe tomato
- 1 tbsp pesto (the refrigerated pesto from Costco is really good)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1-2 eggs, depending on appetite
- 1 tsp butter or coconut oil
What I did:
- Heat butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and cook to your liking (I prefer over-easy).
- Meanwhile, slice tomato into thick slices and lay on a plate. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Add a dollop of pesto on each tomato slice, and layer on the avocado slices. Top with fried egg and serve.