This pizza is so good we made it twice in one week. This was kind of inspired by a pizza I shared with some friends at Posto outside of Davis Sq. in Somerville, MA last week. I mean, I really need no inspiration when it comes to pizza because it’s my favorite food (besides eggs) and I will most likely love anything atop a pizza crust. However, this one is pretty special. I do love shrimp on pizza but the addition of crunchy corn and salty bacon…I mean…
Also, the garlic lemon cream sauce as a base? Awesome.
Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Thin-Crust Pizza with Garlic Lemon Cream Sauce
7 ww pts
What I used:
- 1 thin crust pizza crust, such as this (found at Whole Foods)
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup bottled light alfredo sauce
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2-1 cup corn (defrosted frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe’s is my favorite)
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella
- salt, pepper
- fresh basil for garnish
What I did:
- Preheat pizza stone in a 450 oven.
- Fry the bacon until 3/4 of the way cooked (it will fully crisp in the oven on the pizza) and roughly chop.
- Lay pizza crust on the hot pizza stone. Spread the alfredo sauce in a thin layer on the crust, and sprinkle the minced garlic and lemon zest over top. Scatter the shrimp, cherry tomatoes, and partially cooked bacon.
- Season everything with salt and pepper and bake for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with sliced basil and serve.