Welcome to my new favorite cooking method. Foil packets on the grill. Wrap up some veggies and some easy, flavorfully sauced protein in some foil, throw on the grill, and dinner is served within 15 minutes from start to finish. I served it with my favorite frozen bread product, Alexia Garlic Bread, to sop up the sauce. Absolutely perfect for summer. This recipe is from Pam Anderson’s awesome book The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great. Let me just say that I LOVE this cookbook. She really encourages as much mixing and matching so that there really is no set recipe per se, but plenty of guidance and ideas…not to mention so many fantastic lightened recipes that don’t feel lightened one bit. I have multiple recipes from this book on my menu this week – this was tonight’s!
Tarragon Mustard Cream Fish and Veggie Foil Packets
Recipe from The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great
What I used:
- 1 1/2 lbs haddock (substitute any seafood, pork tenderloin, or chicken)
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed of woody ends, about 2 bundles, trimmed into 1″ pieces (sub any veggie of choice)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (sub any veggie of choice)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
What I did:
- Preheat grill or oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix the heavy cream, garlic, scallions, dijon, salt, pepper, and dried tarragon in a large bowl. Add the fish (or whatever protein you are using) and coat evenly.
- Cut four pieces of heavy duty tin foil into 12×18 rectangles.
- Lay veggies in the center of each tin foil piece and top with the sauced fish. Fold over the foil into a nice little package.
- Lay each foil package on the grill, close the cover, and cook for 8 minutes (15 minutes if using the oven). Remove and let rest for 5 minutes and serve.