And melted cheese (obvs).
Then you introduce chili and lots of fun condiments.
Then a snowstorm hits and suddenly this is the most perfect food ever.
B and I had fun making these together. They’re messy and yummy, and actually not all that bad for you, considering the turkey dogs and turkey chili we used. Next time I might ease up on the relish (a little too sweet for me) and add more mustard and some spicy stuff (jalapenos? yes. ).
Inspired by In the Wabe
- light mayo
- turkey chili (cold, straight from the can) — trader joe’s
- shredded cheese (not pictured)
- turkey hot dogs
- hot dog buns (new england style, please )
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking dish with tin foil.
- Spread some mayo on the buns.
- Squirt on some relish.
- Line the dogs up in the buns.
- Squirt on some yellow (or other) mustard.
- Spoon some chili on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped onion.
- And then with some cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Eat it, fork & knife style.