Martha calls this the “favorite turkey burger”. I have to say, it was delicious! And since I always have these ingredients around, it’s a great go-to. I served these with some ridiculous sweet potato skins (recipe soon!) and a green salad. Yum.
Favorite Turkey Burger
Recipe by Just the Tip / Inspired by Martha Stewart
Here’s what I used:
- 1 1/3 pounds ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Here’s what I did:
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with a little olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine ground turkey with gruyere, scallions, breadcrumbs, mustard, and garlic; season generously with salt and pepper. Gently form mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes per side, until patties reach 160 degrees. Remove from pan and loosely cover with foil for 5 minutes. Eat it!