I found myself with a huge amount of zucchini and I knew exactly what to do with it: BREAD. Not just any bread, though — 100% whole wheat bread flecked with vibrant zucchini, which is close to my favorite vegetable ever.
Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves
Just the Tip / Inspired by Lemonbasil
Here’s what I used:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cup agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, wrung out well in a dish towel
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 325. Beat the eggs, melted butter, coconut oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and agave together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and fold in the zucchini.
- Pour batter into two greased 9″ loaf pans. Bake 50 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean.