This is SO up my alley. I adore fat and this is chock-full of healthy and delicious fat. Yesterday, hypnotized by Jennifer Hudson’s
airbrushing weight loss ads, I paid for a 3-month membership to a diet plan that hates fat. I am of course regretting this, so now I rebel. Diet schmiet.
And if you’ve never had sardines, don’t fear — they’re very similar (though a bit richer) to tuna.
Avocado and Sardine Toasts
Recipe adapted from Alton Brown
Here’s what I used:
- half an avocado
- 2-3 ounces of sliced whole wheat ciabatta
- 1 tin of sardines, drained
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
Here’s what I did:
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado along with some salt, pepper, a pinch of crushed red, and a squeeze of lemon.
- In a separate small bowl, mash the sardines.
- Toast some bread, and smear with the mashed sardines first, then the avocado on top. Drizzle on a little olive oil and enjoy.